via GIPHY

If you have been following my journey through learning code (which let’s be honest, has been fairly hard to follow), you will know that I’ve chosen to learn the coding language called Python (hence the HP title reference). As stated in my previous learning project blog post, I’ve decided to follow the direction of David Sinsky, in teaching myself how to code, because I was becoming overwhelmed with where to start, what to read, what to practice, which language to start with etc. I’ve never been into technology, computer science, or engineering of any sort, so really felt like I was starting from the ground up, and needing guidance rather than roaming freely.

via GIPHY

Learning Python has been probably one of the most confusing things to learn so far, but being able to track my progress has been very rewarding. The program itself is set up with different tutorials and courses depending on your skill level, and what you plan on learning, progressing in difficulty as you work through each set.

The program provides you free interactive lessons, and short multiple choice quizzes at the end of each segment; or if you want the paid version, there is that option as well. As with learning any language, it is important to start with fundamental concepts, because those are your building blocks, and can be used to learn any of the many programming languages that are used. Then there are functions like syntax. Understanding syntax in any language is important, because it allows for the sentence to operate as it is intended to. Similarly, the Python Syntax tutorial introduces syntax as the correct order of specific commands in a statement to perform the desired results. When something in the statement is done incorrectly, if you run the code, it will not work, therefore, it will not give you your desired results.

Apparently I’m not finished with those ridiculous math equations, and actually laughed out loud reading this one, so thought I would share.

Along with Python, I have been using other websites and reading other articles to assist in my learning, one of them being code.org, and the more I fiddle around with it, the more I am learning to enjoy it. I like it because the concepts and structures that I’ve been learning about in Python, I’m then able to practice within the different Hours of Code — so the transferable skills I’m learning, are being used right away to strengthen my concept knowledge and practical application of coding. The video below provides a short Screencast explaining and comparing my experiences with code.org and Python. (It is my first Screencast ever, so if you have any tips or suggestions, let me know in the comments below!)

One thought on “Harry Potter Puns: They Can Slytherin to any Conversation”

1. If you need any kind of online services like SEO,
    Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Website Development
    and Graphics Designing etc. Then click here.

https://fukatsoft.com